MediaTech Support company offers support and multimedia services to independent editorial teams working for the world's leading English-language media.
Located in Skopje, Macedonia, we already have an established relationship with our clients who are engaged in generating independent news for international publications.
We offer multimedia services and content ranging from pictures and video through to news items. We also offer related services such as IT support, cuttings and graphic design.
We have a team of qualified professionals to support the journalistic and editorial work of our clients and our team is growing all the time.
Looking to expand our team, we are searching for motivated candidates to fill in the position of:
Details about the position / responsibilities:
The correspondent (journalist) will be employed locally in Skopje to monitor news media from the Balkan region (Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria). This might be material from press releases, or searching the Internet for potential news stories. Articles are written on a wide variety of topics ranging from general news to domestic affairs, politics and sports and society. The journalist is able to convert different sources of information into an article suitable for a British audience, and has the necessary understanding of the specified regional language speaking world they are covering to explain events to a newspaper audience. They need to pay attention to detail, accuracy, and be able to distinguish facts from unverified claims, and main issues from side issues.
- Learn from professionals
- Work with a team of highly motivated individuals
- Explore and research subjects of interest
- Friendly working environment
If you find this opportunity interesting, have the skills and most of all, you want to be part of the journalism world, please submit your up-to-date CV (on English) to the next email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Balkan Correspondent”.
Skills needed / requirements:
- Interest in the news business
- Have experience as journalist hopefully with a background working in the tabloid media
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of any additional languages (apart the Balkan ones) is a plus
- Strong internet browsing skills, an eye for detail and a critical mind
- The successful candidates should be able to work both independently and to cooperate on tasks with a variety of other people on our online news desk
- Enthusiasm about writing and researching articles